This page sets out how we might use any personal information that we receive from you either via this website or through our customer service team. Personal information is information that is regarding you, individually, and that could enable someone to contact you directly. This policy does not cover communications which we receive due to communications you have had with third parties who reference our website or products.
This policy has been adopted by The Sabi since launch on the 30th August 2022.
Collated Personally Identifiable Information
As a visitor you are able to browse our website without sharing any personally identifiable information about yourself. If you are a shopper, however, we do require you to open an account with us. When you open an account we will require information including your name, e-mail address, home or business address, telephone number and credit card information (name, number, card type, expiration date and CVC code). If you prefer to not share this information with us via the internet please contact our customer service team directly.
What Personal Information Do We Gather?
All information we receive is transactional in nature and supports us in developing the experience, support and products we offer to you directly from www.thesabi.co.
This information enables us to:
- Understand what you are truly interested in learning about
- Understand what you like/want to purchase as a client.
- Respond to your requests
- Maximise your experience as a visitor or as a customer
- Customise shopping experiences on our site.
- Protect our site where necessary
Types of information we gather
- Personal information including billing and delivery details, and identity data (first name, surname, data of birth, gender, contact details)
- Automatic information and technical data: cookies - which are gathered by all websites unless you personally select to opt out of this option. The objective of these cookies is to enable us to provide you with a personalised experience at thesabi.co; but we of course understand you might want to opt out of this option. This information includes your IP address, login data, browser type, time zone and location, browser plug-in types, operating system and platforms
- Profile data: including username and encrypted passwords (i.e. we cannot see your password - we save it in an encrypted format), items you have purchased, dates of your orders (transaction data), preferences and interests, any feedback and survey responses.
- Usage data: how you use our website.
- Email communications: we receive confirmation that you open one of our emails so that we can make sure we are sending you relevant information - and not filling up your inbox unnecessarily.
- Information from third parties: we might receive information from other sources which we add to our account information.
- Aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data which is derived from your personal information.
When do we gather this information on you
- When you visit thesabi.co
- When you sign into your account on our website
- When making a purchase either via phone or via our website
- When you engage with us through social media
- When you contact our customer service team
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
We currently use this information for internal business purposes, to:
- identify account holders
- better understand what they are interested in purchasing
- process and enforce transactions
- send relevant communication to our customers
- protect our website
- share optional product or service updates; and
- share promotional notices and offers
Please note, credit card information is used only for processing payments and not for any other purposes. We do not store these details on our site.
If you receive information about our products or services from another service provider (third party) please note we do not have any control over their use of their data.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may use third party and unaffiliated companies to maintain and operate our website, or for other reasons related to the operation of our business, and those companies may receive your personal information for that reason. Sharing such information might be in relation to a legal claim, governmental request or investigation. As thesabi.co develops, we could sell or buy corporate assets, and during such transactions, information may be shared with third parties and become one of the transferred business assets.
We have strong security procedures in place to avoid personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed by unauthorised personnel.
We will retain your personal data for only as long as necessary in order to fulfil the reasons why we collected it in the first place. At the end of that period, your data will either be deleted or anonymised.
Your Legal Rights
Set out below are the rights you have under data protections laws, in relation to your personal data.
- Request access
- Request correction
- Request deletion
- Object to its processing
- Request restriction of processing
- Request transfer
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact our customer service team
Changes to Personally Identifiable Information
You have the ability to review or change the personally identifiable information you provide us by editing this information directly through the website that links to your account.
If you would like us to remove all data on you, please contact our customer service team who will support you in this process.
A cookie is a text file which may be registered in a dedicated space on your hard disk when you consult an online service using your browsing software.
Cookies produced on our website by third parties
Cookies deriving from third party applications which are integrated on our website
We include IT applications from third parties on our website which allow you to share content from our website with other people, or to inform others of your use of the website or your opinion regarding the content of our website. For example - when you use the ‘share’ or ‘like’ buttons on social networks.
If these networks are open on your terminal, they are able to identify and monitor you through the existence of this button on our website, even if you did not use this button during your visit to thesabi.co. We have no control over how these networks monitor, collect and use this information when you are browsing on our website or information such as personal data which they have at their disposal. You can change the access you provide to these networks by configuring your user account directly on their websites.
Targeted marketing cookies by third parties:
thesabi.co may contain cookies issued by third parties which allows them to collect browsing information so as to determine the marketing content for the purposes of promoting products/offering services exclusively on our website
Personal cookie settings
The registration of a cookie on a terminal is subject to the desires of the Terminal user. The Terminal user may at any time freely express or amend their decisions using the choices offered to them by their browsing software.
If you refuse the registration of cookies on your Terminal, or if you remove cookies which are registered on your terminal, you can no longer use a certain number of functions which are nonetheless necessary in order to browse some parts of thesabi.co.
Your choices regarding cookies
If your terminal is used by several people and if one same terminal has several browsing softwares, we cannot fully guarantee that the services and adverts intended for your terminal really relate to your own use of this terminal and not the use of another user.
Selling to Minors
We do not sell products for purchase by children or knowingly collect data on children. If you are under 18, you may use our products only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Unsubscribing from our Newsletter
To unsubscribe from our newsletter, simply scroll to the bottom of our latest email where you can click ‘Unsubscribe’. This will automatically delete you from our mailing list and you will not receive any further emails from us.
We would love your feedback. If you have any questions or comments please contact our Customer Services Team.